Blogmas Day 27: NYX HD Studio Photogenique Primer Base Review

9:44 PM

Hello Everyone!
I've been using this primer for a couple of weeks now and I think I've tried it long enough to share my thoughts on this product. 

NYX Studio Photogenique Primer Base


What it Claims:
It claims to fill in pores, minimize appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It mattifies complexion for a seamless finish. Ensures durability of make up, even in harsh lighting. 

It's also:
High Definition
Mineral Enriched
Talc & Paraban Free 

What does talc mean? 
It's a grainy mineral consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate which has a drying effect; It's basically a powered like mineral that makes your skin dry. Source

What are Parabans?
They are preservatives used in most personal care products; they stop fungus, bacteria and other microbes from growing in you beauty products.  Source

Price:
$15.00 
Find it at NYX or Target


First Impressions:
When I first used this product I found it very weird I wasn't sure how to apply it or how much I needed. 
The first couple of times I used it I applied way to much and my face looked white as a ghost; and when I took pictures with flash I had a white cast which I wasn't happy about. 


Formula:
It's a thick consistency but after you get use to it it's very easy to work with. 
It dries pretty quickly but it's not drying to the face. 
In the picture below I used a lot of product so you would be able to see the consistency of the product. 


Quick Tip:
You only need a couple of drops of this stuff to apply on your face; trust me.
I normally apply half a pump.  
If you use to much of this product you will get that white cast (see picture below)


Left Side: With Primer Right Side: No Primer


Left side: with primer Right side: with just foundation

Overall:
After using this primer for over a month I have fallen in love with it. 
It leaves my face matte just like it claims and I feel like it prepares it for the foundation. 
Especially when I have break outs I feel like after applying this it evens out the area so when I apply foundation it's a little smoother and the foundation doesn't cake up that area. 
I quickly got over the problem I had with taking pictures with flash simply by using less product. 
When I take pictures my skin looks clear and very smooth.
I think this primer does just what it claims because I have a lot of fine lines from my smile on my cheeks and this does a great job at minimizing it. 
(For a close up on my face while using this product check out this post; I didn't want to re post the same picture)
I give it a 4 out of 5. 

I try to share as much information as possible when I review a product and I hope you found the definitions at the beginning helpful; I wasn't sure what one of the words meant and I don't feel comfortable using a word I don't even know what it means so I hope it was all very helpful.
If you have any questions on this product please feel free to ask & if you've used this primer before what did you think of it!? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments