How To: Maxi Dresses/Skirts

4:50 PM

Hello Everyone!!
Today I will be showing you 3 different ways I style a maxi dress/skirt.
I wouldn't say that I'm short I'm pretty average size I'm 5'6, but some of these fit me a bit too long so I'll show you a quick trick on how to still wear them and not have to get them hemmed or trip over your dress all day long. 

How To: Maxi Dresses 
Outfit #1 Jeans Vest
Everywhere I go I see maxi dresses paired with jeans jackets/vest.
I think its a great look, instead of leaving the jacket opened on this particular dress, I decided to button it up. The maxi dress is strapless which is not my favorite so instead of neglecting this dress I made it look like a maxi skirt.

On My Nails:  Jesse's Girl Wham Bam

Outfit Details: 
Vest: BCBG DIY
Dress: F21 (2 years ago)
Sandals: F21 (1 year ago)
Watch: Micahel Kors
Turtle Ring: Rollingthreads
Heart Ring: Gift Similar

Outfit #2 Make it a skirt & Tie a knot

Here is another way to wear a maxi dress when you don't like the top of it.
I have to say I have been tempted to cut off the top of this dress because I don't like when you can see your bra, the bra strap, plus the dresses strap. So to fix that problem I wear it as a skirt, add a tank top and fold in the top of the dress. 
I still get to use this cool tie dye dress and it looks great with the white top and white sandals.This one is longer on me so I tie a knot at the bottom. It also gives the skirt a different look. 


The dress is actually from F21 but I got it at the swap meet for 10$'s last summer. 
Score!

Outfit Details: 
Top/ Dress: F21
Ring: Gift (Similar)
Sandals: Target (older)
Turtle Necklace: F21

Outfit #3 Leather Jacket
The leather jacket is a great look for the night time it adds a little edge to the maxi skirt. 
This is another dress/maxi skirt that I got from the swap meet for less than 10$'s.
I decided to add a cool edgy necklace and of course some black pumps. 
This is a great date night, girls night out, or dinner time look. 


This awesome necklace I actually won on a YouTube giveaway!
Check out my full post on my prize here

Outfit Details: 
Dress: Swap meet 
Leather Jacket: Ross/Marshall's
Necklace: Crown+Glitter
Ring: Gift (Similar)
Shoes: the Mall

I hope you enjoyed this post!!
What's your favorite way to wear maxi dresses/skirts??
Which of these looks was your favorite!?
xoxo,
Gabriela 
Follow me on Instagram and Twitter.

You Might Also Like

2 comments