Covergirl truBlend Liquid Foundation Review

9:42 PM

Hello Everyone!
I bring you another review from my most recent beauty haul.
I was very excited to try out all the new products out in the drug store so I couldn't wait to share my thoughts with you all.
Today I bring you a foundation review!

Covergirl truBlend Liquid foundation Review 


Color:
Medium Light (m2)
Even tough I'm light skin I don't like picking up the light shades of foundation because they have pinky tones and they make my face look really discolored. I like to go with a more tanner color to even out my complexion. 

Price: $8.00-$10+ 
(On Sale at Walgreens for $8.99)


What it Claims:
Perfect blend (21 shades available)
Light to Medium Coverage
Easy to match
For a better look match them with other Covergirl products with the same number for a flawless look.  
Source: Covergirl.



Is it new!?
This is actually not a new product as far as I can tell. I've seen it in stores before, but they have given it a different look.  I think they did a great job on the new packaging it attracts your attention a lot more.
Packaging is huge for any beauty products.

What's new about this product aside from the packaging is that they have more shades available and they have added products that match with each foundation.
They have different categories from light, medium, and deep. Each one has different products that come with #s so you can match your foundation to your concealer and to your face powder. How cool is that!?

I got my foundation at Rid aid and it was really easy to match my color on top of that Rid aid had a great display where you can test out the foundation, which I really enjoyed.

My First Impressions:
I want to start by saying that when I first used this foundation I was comparing it to the Covergirl 3 in 1 foundation and let me tell you this 'new' foundation is nothing like it.
I did pay attention to the name and it says it's a liquid foundation, which it becomes a liquid foundation once you apply it to your face.
I've worn it for four days now and I'm not loving it.



Coverage:
This is a very light coverage foundation.
I do have to say this foundation doesn't claim to have full coverage or to be long lasting; what it does say is that it will leave you with a flawless face.
From my experience the four days I wore this foundation I don't feel like it lasted more than an hour or even more than it took me to get to my car.
Before I would leave my house I looked like I wasn't wearing make up, throughout the day it just dried up in my dry spots or problem areas and it emphasized them even more. 

In the picture below you can see that both sides look the exact same.
The right side has the foundation on it and you can't even tell the difference. This is the same way it looks on my face as son as I apply it. I thought this was one of those foundations that take a while to set and that wasn't the case.


Formula & Application:
It is a liquid foundation. It does remind me of the L'oreal True Match in the sense that it's liquid and pretty easy to work with.
It leaves your face very soft and blends in nice.
Right after applying it dries very quickly.
When I wore it I felt like is disappeared in to my skin, because you can't tell you have make up on and not in a good way because there is hardly any coverage.

Overall:
I hate to say this but this is another Fail product for me. If you saw my previous post the Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser didn't work well for me, I actually returned it today.
This foundation just doesn't have enough coverage for me and not enough lasting power.
I think this foundation would work great on someone who wants a light foundation and who doesn't have acne prone skin or any problems with the skin. I feel like if you have a clear face it would then leave your skin looking flawless. But for me who I do have scars, discoloration, and occasional acne this foundation didn't do it for me.

I did't want to add any pictures of me wearing the foundation because it really didn't look great at all when you look closely. If you check out my previous review I'm actually wearing this foundation on top of the baby skin pore eraser, if your curious.

Please feel free to ask any questions if I left anything out.
Thank you so much for stopping by and to those who comment it really means a lot. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have terrible luck with drugstore foundations. I can never find the right color and I end up never using them because the color is always wrong and they don't last all day and I end up reapplying it throughout the day and wasting it. Definitely sticking with my holy grail Supergoop CC cream but this was a great review!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is frustrating to not find a good foundation at the drugstore, but the Covergirl 3 in 1 is one of my favorites for everyday but when it comes to days were I want more coverage and a flawless face I still haven't found that perfect foundation. Thank you so much for your comment, I'm glad you enjoyed the review :)

    ReplyDelete