Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation Review

3:00 PM

Hello Everyone!
I wanted to share my thoughts on this product because I really did enjoy using it; I haven't heard too much rave about it so I wanted to share my thoughts on it. If you've tried this foundation please share your thoughts as well as your skin type. I have some pros and cons about this foundation and it's mainly because of my skin type and maybe a combination of the weather here in Cali.  

Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation 


Color & Price:
Classic Beige (201) 
hauled this foundation back in January and I actually used it for the last couple of months. 
I got it at Walmart for around $5-6's.

What it Claims:
It claims to have a feather light, oil free formula with an airy mousse texture
Will not feel heavy or greasy
All day shine control
Blends flawlessly
Natural matte finish
Minimizes appearance of pores

They have 8 Shades to choose from. 

My First Impressions:
A very thick consistency; I could see why they called it liquid mousse foundation it reminded me a lot of the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse. Unlike the Maybelline foundation this Rimmel London mousse foundation is very smooth and easy to work with. The color matched me perfectly. 


Coverage: 
Light to Medium Coverage. 
It's defiantly build able. 

Formula & Application:
Like I mentioned earlier the formula is very thick but when you warm it up either on your fingers or the back of your hand it blends very nicely. 
I applied this foundation with the beauty blender but I felt that I wasted a lot of product that way; because this foundation is very thick I felt it was sinking in to my beauty blender and not going on my face. 
My favorite way to apply this foundation is with my fingers. I'm able to warm it up and apply straight to my face that way. 


Pros:
Great coverage
Easy to work with
Love the packaging (very important)
Easy to travel with

Cons:
Lasting power is not great; on me it lasted less than 4 hours
Oily and greasy face a couple hours after applying it
As the day goes by it starts getting darker on your face 
(not oxidizing, but the color begins to change at least on me)
It did not minimize my pores, I feel like it enhanced them.

Overall: 
I think this is a great foundation to wear for a couple of hours which is why I think I enjoyed using it and still do. I'm able to get good coverage for a couple of hours and then once it starts changing color or getting oily and greasy I remove it.The longer I wear it I feel like my face is caking up and feeling very heavy, it doesn't look that way but it definitely feels like it on my skin. Again this is on my skin type, which is oily combination skin. This foundation is so in expensive that I wouldn't have a problem purchasing it again to wear it to work or quick errands throughout the day. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Interesting product. Will be buying this to try out for my oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! Thank you for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete